Post by alto1smom on May 23, 2017 9:27:43 GMT -6
State Cup and Prelim weekend was a rainy mess, but LSA did a very good job in some instances and a poor job in others. We are all grown and can read the rules, simply enforce them. Having children sit in those conditions for 6 hours to play a 40 minute game is not a great management decision. Teams with 10 minutes left should have had the games called. It's dangerous in several ways and children have to be placed first at some point decision makers. That was classic ACL tearing conditions-thank goodness there were no injuries.
Moving forward I would ask you guys to:
1. Create Policy that is FAIR to ALL.
2. Keep your business open to accommodate ALL dates/deadlines you make policy around.
3. Make decisions that don't simply appease the "BIG" clubs, but in the best interest of all of your children in the state.
4. ODP can be successful, restructure and get sponsors to help with cost and then roster the best kids in the state.
5. Get rid of the politics it is so obvious to anyone who pays attention. This is on the club levels as well.
6. Check the egos at the door guys. You don't have to like/respect coaches, DOCs or parents, but you should not make decisions to hurt children because of your dislike for their leadership.
7. I was against multiple clubs in an area and was a big proponent for the New Orleans clubs to merge, but it is clear that competition elevates the quality of programming!
8. Sometimes what you DON'T say is much louder than the things you say.
If you want honesty reach out to me, I would be happy to volunteer to assist with improvements.