Post by thirstybear on Feb 23, 2020 9:41:27 GMT -6
yes i agree the Skippers are a very resilient group. For a team that is now 26-2, they seem to have been discounted and somehow underestimated much of the season. Northshore certainly is tough and had a great year no doubt but the Skippers are no slouch & have plenty of talent in their own right. It will be a good game. ST.T battle !
Seems like there are 3 burning questions for this match:
1. Will the SSA dads adopt their Mandeville neighbors and show them how a proper state championship tailgate is supposed to go down? No Zima's or seltzers!
2. The weather looks pretty dry after today. Will the Northshore dads find a way to sneak into Strawberry Stadium Thursday night to lock the sprinklers in the on position?
3. Will MCA dads show up to complain about the refs or are they really all in Texas?
1. Not a chance. No need to worry about Zima’s and exotic Seltzer’s with that Skip crew. More like Colt 45’s and Thunderbird.
2. Yup, 3balz and the lawn maintenance posse may go full Bull Durham and spray the lawn with 24 hours of State water on Strawberry Fields. However, they will show up with their army of leaf blowers the night before and post an Instagram Live for all of St Tammany Parish and creation to see. Peacocking as usual.
3. MCA, still writhing from the debacle with Central LaFOOSH, can’t even vacation this week in Florida or Colorado because there are way too many Lousyana folks there and can’t show face. Meanwhile they all decide to vacay in South Padre Island because it shares the same state as Big Bad DA. So IMPRESSIVE!
I will offer my predictions for the only State Championship that counts on Thursday.
Happy Mardi Gras to all.
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2020 21:08:36 GMT -6 by ulysses
Not surprised to see this thread so quiet. Each team finally has a chance to win it all and both teams probably will not be back in this position for some time. From my vantage point being somewhat familiar with both programs, I feel I have a pretty good pulse on how things will go down tonight.
First of all, the pitch and playing surface at Strawberry Fields will take its toll on both sides. Both teams are accustomed to playing in a bowling alley covered with shag carpet. This pitch has more real estate than either has played on all year and is slicker than owl &$*# on a linoleum floor. See past results played over the last two days on both of the girls and boys sides. Not many goals scored at all. The Big Throw Show of Northshore and the long corners will be neutralized..
Secondly, Championship game experience comes in to play. With both teams only played in the game once over the last who knows how many years, both teams will come out tight playing not to make mistakes rather than trying to make a play. Advantage goes to the first team that settles down and begins to play their game. Experience points to North Shore with them being in this position last year and a multitude of seniors returning from last years game. There are too many players on the Mandy squad this year that have not cut their teeth yet on playing in between the lines on this stage.
Advantage: N Shore
Lastly, and I truly believe that this is X-Factor that determines the result of this match. What do the parents do before the game? Do they just do it for big games, playoff games? Do they pregame for 5 hours before Hammond and Ponchatoula as if they were playing Mt. Carmel and Dominican? That has been the underlying factor that I believe one of these teams has began to replicate with what it takes to win a State Championship and take it to a whole another level. Where once this parental squad used to only barely bring it for a State Semi 2-3 years ago, they now seem to do it week in and week out. From what my intelligence has gathered for today is that are going full boar with Oysters and a Hog Roast at their Gate of Tails today. A very strong play indeed. Pork on a Friday during lent, why not? It’s not like they are playing SSA, MCA, or Dominican in the finals.
Advantage: The Hog
Line: NHS -1, o/u 3.5
I’m taking Northshore to win and Mandy, Barry, and the Hog to lose today. Games stays close until midway through the second half. 3-1. NHS to the over.
Last Edit: Feb 28, 2020 14:47:48 GMT -6 by ulysses